Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 87

This post is about trip down the (near short) memory lane and recounts announcement of Vedika’s birth to the world.

This is SMS I sent to my friends:

India’s population++. Gender ratio infinitesimally improved. Plainspeak: It’s a girl :)

I had planned for sending at least somewhat different announcement rather than just simple ‘It’s a girl. Mother and daughter a doing fine.’ My geeky nature came up with above words couple of weeks before her birth and I had typed the SMS (with possibility of both boy and girl) the moment my wife went in labour. That I wasn’t with her, of course, gave me time to do such thing. Instance I came to know, I sent it to all.

Below are snapshots of reactions of our friends and families on her first announcement on Facebook which happened within 15-30 days of her birth.

Book Review - Music of the Primes by Marcus du Sautoy (2003)

I can say, with some modesty, that I am familiar with the subject of mathematics more than an average person is. Despite that I hadn’t ever ...