Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 195

It was quite a surprise to me to find that none of my parents, in-laws, wife and brothers noticed in first four months of Vidhi that pupils of her eyes don't move synchronously. Did I discover something new, when I first saw her in July, or was I imagining things? When her mummy and Chachu confirmed my 'discovery', we got a bit worried if her lack of aligned movement of pupils is a potential eye defect or not? Could it turn in lazy eye at later stage...



Apparently not. Not, as of today, that is. We had her eyes checked by an opthalmologist today and she confirmed normal vision. Her eye muscle coordination will improve over time as does rest of muscle coordination does. If she still doesn't move her pupils simultaneously by age two then we'd need to start worrying again.

Breaking the Bias – Lessons from Bayesian Statistical Perspective

Equitable and fair institutions are the foundation of modern democracies. Bias, as referring to “inclination or prejudice against one perso...