Monday, July 26, 2004

Ski Trip to New Havens


April, 2004. Group Size: 8

Pictures Here
My first ski experience was during ski-trip to Cranemore, New Havens when transportation students group at MIT organised it on Saturday, 6th March 2004. It has been long and I am just writing to complete the formality, though, of course, I need not have to! We started early morning at 5:00AM and drove till 8:00 AM. I didn’t know skiing, so I went for snow tubing while my companions headed for skiing. Snow tubing is basically kids’ play, where you just slide down the snow hill on an inflated rubber tube. With smooth snow and sharp slopes, the tube rushes past the whites of the mountains. It was enthralling and exciting in the beginning but I got bored of it soon enough. That’s it. After some snacks in the afternoon, we drove back to Boston and reached home by evening 6:00PM.

Breaking the Bias – Lessons from Bayesian Statistical Perspective

Equitable and fair institutions are the foundation of modern democracies. Bias, as referring to “inclination or prejudice against one perso...