Saturday, August 7, 2004

Los Angeles Visit


I really don't think it is worth mentioning as one of my outings here since I did not had chance to visit any of the tourists places! I happened to go bollywood of America as part of a project meeting with Department of Transportation, Los Angeles for two days. But the schedules was so tight with meeting and travel that I did not see anything except my hotel and conference room :(



Some of the things, which are mentionable during this trip, include a high-technology real time traffic control center of LA and convoluted and dense freeway network of LA. Spread in a small office Advanced Traffic Surveillance And Control (ATSAC) of LA hosts about two dozens of computer displaying real time sensor information and live cameras strategically located at various intersections of road network. Seeing such a setting was much more impressive than reading about it, and make me wonder if the driver on the road really know that some person are working hard in real time to reduce their travel time and delays?


Breaking the Bias – Lessons from Bayesian Statistical Perspective

Equitable and fair institutions are the foundation of modern democracies. Bias, as referring to “inclination or prejudice against one perso...