If you are new here and like what you read, consider subscribing.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bathroom breaks

Categories: ,
A person suffering from urinary disorder may not be able to hold his/her cravings for long but I don't expect that whole population of WIMWI suffers from this. What would explain then continuous breaks for bathroom, one student after another, starting within 10 minutes of start of examination? I could swear that a person doesn't need to go for (water) drink or toilet every 10 minutes. Surely, they would've done that before the commencement of exam. And yet, when before one comes in, next is ready to go out (and they don't permit more than one student out at the same time or we would have had whole class out). I know that people aren't that careful and that I overanalyze stuff, but still...

Ditto for classes. We've 20 minutes breaks for 75 minutes class. Seems reasonable except that you'd always have few who'd want to go out soon the class starts. Reason here, more likely, is respite from boring lecture.

Thankfully, one needn't ask instructor for permission here to go out.

2 comments:

Julia Kazan said...

I personally get nervous before an exam. It's strange -- even if I've used the washroom before an exam, I still have to go almost as soon as I start taking it. I can't explain why; it just happens.

Ashish Gupta said...

That could be one explanation I overlooked, but knowing the context, it holds true for only half the students at most. I think this happens more when students realize that exam is of ambiguous type with subjective answers. Then how much they write becomes rather less important and hence the need to kill time.

Post a Comment

Please observe basic civility in commenting. Spam and uncivil comments will be deleted.

There was an error in this gadget